Friday, December 27, 2013

Undersized Urbanite Picture

I found the perfect picture for the Undersized Urbanite Dollhouse Contest link. It's not showing the whole house, but it's showing the kind of style I'm aiming for. The bookshelf actually will be in the entry, sitting in the living room, just as it is right now with no more changes. I couldn't really post a picture of a stack of shoe boxes, which is where I began, so I think this is great.

The top books are scrapbook paper. The tree was drawn by myself and layered onto thick black craft foam. The books that have details on them instead of patterns, aka the smaller, thinner books, are pictures that I printed free from Google Images. I completed them with foam board for pages. The abstract art piece is made from buttons and a bead hot glued together.

3 comments:

  1. The detail you put into this bookcase is amazing! I wish you good luck making the rest of the dollhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you joined, Sophie! The bookshelf is adorable. I look forward to following your progress. :)

    ReplyDelete