Sunday, February 9, 2014

Desk #3

I just really like desks. I don't even know why. I like them in not miniature size too, but I really have fun making miniature desks.

I'm using balsa wood, which is very fragile, and I broke a bit off accidentally.

First reaction- Oh no I just ruined my wood! Second thought- This can easily be fixed.

I hot glued the wood back on, then sanded lightly.

Can you even tell that there's a flaw there? I can't.

While I was cutting wire for the support, I wasn't being the most careful with my fingers and snipped through a fair amount of my fingertip. I now have a healthy respect for my scissors, and have learned how to properly hold them. Always a good thing to learn.

I made a scene with the desk.

The lamp is new, too. I made it out of clay, a Q-tip, and metal buttons. I first sculpted the top, pressing the Q-tip into the clay to make a hole for it to fit after baking. While it was baking, I glued the beads together, putting the heaviest on the bottom. I twisted the Q-tip into shape, then glued everything down. Then I spray-painted it. 


4 comments:

  1. Aww, hopefully the cut wasn't too bad. The desk is really cute, especially with the little lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cut actually was not the worst, thankfully, but it would've happened sooner or later with my carelessness. I learned my lesson :l Thank you for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your build is looking great. I love the desk it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jane! You're one of my favourite bloggers and I really enjoy reading your blog. Thank you for taking the time to stop by. :D

    ReplyDelete